On-ice officials are fundamental to the success of Associations programs. However, they are often is short supply. Before becoming an on-ice official, one must:
• Meet the Association standards for on-ice officials.
• Be certified by Hockey Canada (a one-day training session).
• Have an official jersey (plus other recommended equipment).
The Association encourages all persons (youth or adult) who are interested in becoming an on-ice official to contact the Referee-in-Chief (see Contacts). The Referee-in-Chief will assist you to:
• Become certified.
• Obtain the appropriate equipment and uniform.
• Become familiar with the on-ice official scheduling system
The Hockey Canada official rules can be accessed at www.hockeycanada.ca. Follow the links below:
• Minor hockey
• Officiating Program
• Hockey Canada Rule Book
The Hockey Canada rule emphasis for the current year may be viewed at www.hockeycanada.ca.
The instructions for running the hockey score clocks are the same for all of the arenas.