The Rising Star follows the CS4L train to train model. It is a program that provides funding to athletes (females 11-15 and males 12-16) that exhibit potential in their sport of choice and wish to receive additional training through a camp format.
· Females must be between the ages of 11-15 years & males must be between the ages of 12-16 years
· The camp should focus on sport specific skill development/training more so than competitions, and tournaments
· The camp/schedule must show that there is sport specific technical, tactical and fitness training approximately 9-12 times per week
Understanding Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L)
There has been a nationwide shift in the education and delivery of sport, known as Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L). This movement has generated a new way to train and develop our youth. As a result, the Rising Star program will focus its funding on the Train to Train category of the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD). Additional information on CS4L can be found at http://www.canadiansportforlife.ca/
Train to Train http://www.canadiansportforlife.ca/ltad-stages/train-train
Terms and Conditions
· The objective of this program is to provide financial assistance for athletes to participate in programs that contribute to their learning and development through the Canadian Sport for Life, specifically under the Train to Train category.
· All applications must be received on or before May 31, 2017. To be eligible for financial assistance, all relevant sections must be completed. The application will be assessed using the information provided and athletes will be selected based on the quality of the submission. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
· Athletes must be a non smoker.
· Athletes must be a registered member of a Territorial Sport Organization (TSO).
· Athletes must be a NWT resident and live in the NWT.
· Athletes must provide a written report to Sport North by October 1, 2017 on what was covered at the camp and how it benefited them.
· Parents/legal guardians are responsible to ensure their child is registered in the appropriate camp and that all necessary documentation has been provided to that camp. Sport North is not responsible to ensure athletes are registered in the camp.
· At the discretion of Sport North, funding may be provided directly to the camp or the parents/legal guardians once appropriate receipts have been received.